Sunday, January 22, 2012

SCAF of Egypt's Military Paid For This Song



I do not know about you, but when I heard the military council (Supreme Council of the Armed Forces) of Egypt has commissioned a new song, I was like, do not they have better things to do with their time and money? But then, I said this might be a well meaning project. Later, I read that a number of Egyptian singers have refused to take part of this giant song becasue it glorifies the military council--just like they used to do with Mubarak. So this is a song fro another holy cow in the making.

But then this song keeps making fun of itself, the prelude to the song is narrated by a dated Egyptian comedian, which makes the entire project a joke. Later, a Syrian opens up the song and claims pride of Egypt. The same Syrian guy who seems to support Assad.

Not one decent big ticket singer has been attached to the project, just a bunch of young voices with little vocal power. I think the entertainers of Egypt do not feel forced to take part of those often stupid projects. Such things don't help anybody. I am proud of the Egyptians entertainers for not taking part of this song. they are grownup enough not to equate the love of Egypt with the love for the SCAF.

اوبريت احنا ولادك يا مصر | Obreet E7na Weladk Ya Masr

0 comments:

Post a Comment